This delicious Lao-style tomato sauce brings a Southeast Asian spin to an Italian classic. It's great on sticky rice, and with So Saap Sauce you can create it with ease. So saap! So simple!
- dry thai chili peppers
- green onion
- sticky rice
- So Saap Sauce
- Chop tomatoes and onions
- Add chopped tomatoes and onions to tray, cover in foil, and bake in oven at 400 for 15 minutes to soften
- Pan fry dry chili peppers and garlic until brown (keep your fan on and all windows open - you've been warned lol)
- Chop galanga finely
- Add galanga with browned chilis and garlic to mortar and pestle and mash into paste
- Add baked tomatoes and onions to paste in mortar and pestle and carefully/softly mash it all together
- Add 1/3 cup So Saap Sauce
- Squeeze half a lime (more if you like)
- Add salt to taste
- Add chopped green onion and cilantro and mix well
- Enjoy with sticky rice!